1. Sundance Villas Limited operates and runs Sundance Villas Limited and is the appointed representative for the Villa Owners and /or their local managers and acts on their behalf. All bookings are accepted on behalf of the Villa Owners by Sundance Villas Limited (for the purpose of these conditions henceforth known as the Company) subject to these terms and conditions.
2. In facilitating the rental of your villa, the Company is acting as Agents on behalf of the Villa Owner or his local management company. For contractual purposes your contract and therefore all liability is with the Owner of the Villa who is acting as the Principal for your holiday
3. No contract shall exist between you and the Owner until a confirmation of booking acceptance has been issued to you by the Company on behalf of the Owner, followed by a payment to be received by the Company within the stated time frame.
4. The non-returnable deposit payable on booking is accepted as an instalment of the total rental cost. The balance is required to reach the Company no later than 12 weeks before departure. No reminders will be issued. Where balances are not settled on time the Company has the right to cancel, or re-sell all or any part of the booking.
5. If the Company is instructed to make arrangements on your behalf, anything quoted in respect of transportation costs, car hire etc. is subject to the Booking Conditions and Conditions of Carriage of the companies or individuals concerned, and arrangements may be subject to change at their discretion.
6. Only persons named on the booking form, unless otherwise agreed by the Company in writing, may occupy the villa or use the pool. There will be an extra charge levied (£100 per person/child per week or part thereof) for anyone occupying the villa without written permission or for pool chemicals required from excessive use. We reserve the right to terminate the contract should a property be occupied by unauthorised person(s).
7. We highly recommend that Travel Insurance is taken out at the time of booking. All cancellations by you or any member of your party must be made in writing and the cancellation is not effective until it is received by the Company. We recommend that any notification of cancellation is sent by recorded delivery. If cancellation is received less than 9 weeks before departure the following charges will apply:
More than 9 weeks before departure - loss of deposit
6-9 weeks before departure - 50% of holiday cost
6 weeks or less - 100% of holiday cost
8. A refundable Damage/Excessive Cleaning Deposit of approx. £250 per villa (or unit) is payable to the owner or his representative in Cyprus at any time he deems fit during your stay, or pre-paid with the balance of the holiday cost. The deposit is held by the Company or the Owner against any unpaid local amounts such as damage, breakage or loss which may occur during your tenancy. This also includes excessive cleaning, see 11., as the villa must be left clean as it was found. Security deposits paid in Cyprus will be refunded in Cyprus. If paid in UK, it will appear on your Invoice and will be refunded by BACS to a UK account within 6 weeks of your return. If you paid by BACS please provide bank details for refund, on your return.
9. Please tell us if anything is broken or needs replacing, when you arrive.
10. Any loss or damage to the property or its contents (by you) must be advised immediately to the local manager/representative and you will be required to make good and fully compensate for such loss or damage. We do ask for your co-operation on this, particularly so that replacements may be made promptly so as not to affect the following tenants.
11. We ask you to take care of the property as if it were your own home. If the property is not left in the condition it was found and is deemed by the local manager to be excessively untidy, dirty or with undue amounts of non-disposed rubbish, there will be an extra charge for Maid Service to be settled before you leave Cyprus or deducted from the Damage Deposit. Maid service does NOT cover washing up, cleaning of grills and racks, ovens or BBQ.
12. Air conditioning units where offered must be used considerately, and never left running in rooms not in use or when doors or windows are open. Over or misuse will result in non-function of the unit and a costly bill chargeable to client.
13. In completing the Booking Request Form, you are agreeing to be bound by our terms and conditions and are responsible for the correct and decent behaviour of your party. Should you behave in a manner that is not acceptable by civilised standards, or should we feel that the villa is not being reasonably looked after, the local manager may ask you and your party to vacate the property. (See 6.)
14. Should you have a problem on your holiday, in respect of the property or its facilities, (see 9), it is a condition of booking with us that you must report it to our local Villa Representative as well as the Villa Owner within 24 hours of the cause arising. Any verbal notification must be confirmed in writing as soon as possible. The Company and its agents must be given the opportunity to resolve any issues brought to our attention and allowances be made by you for any local conditions regarding the reasonable amount of time taken to rectify the problem. It is not acceptable to make a serious complaint after you have come home when our local Villa Representative, the Villa Owner and the Company were not clearly made aware of the severity of your concerns. It is therefore extremely important that if you have a complaint that is seriously affecting your holiday enjoyment, you must make our Villa Representative aware of your concerns, in writing, as soon as possible. The Company will not enter into any communication after the holiday relating to any issues that were not reported in writing to our Villa Representative or Villa Owner at the time. For any unresolved problem after 24 hours of reporting it, please contact us by email: email@example.com marked "Urgent" and send a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org or text Cyprus +357 99 599956. The Company is not liable for any claim whatsoever, acting only as the representative of the Owner and/or on your behalf in respect of any arrangements you wish the Company to make.
15. It must be understood that the properties are likely to have inherent dangers such as swimming pools, play areas, dry stone walls, un-gated access to roads, staircase drops etc. Children play at their own risk and must be supervised by a responsible adult at all times. Neither the Company, nor the Owners can accept any liability for accidents occurring howsoever, as villa guests must be responsible for taking any safety precautions. Equally no claims of any sort will be entertained in the event of incidents occurring whilst occupants or guests are under the influence of alcohol or any illegal substances.
16. Photographs used in our property details are intended to give an overall impression. The Company is not liable for any items of furniture or chattels, which appear in the photographs, which may have been removed from the villa or for any aspects of the environment which may have changed since the photographs were taken.
17. We cannot accept liability for the actions of any person(s), the occurrence of any incident, the supply of information or services contained with the holiday arrangements, over whom or which the Company has no direct control. We reserve the right to alter any accommodation should unforeseen problems or circumstances arise.
18. Please note that our villas are provided for leisure and holiday purposes only. Sub-letting, sharing, assignment or reselling of our villas or otherwise using our villas for any commercial purpose (including, without limitation, for yoga or wellness retreats) is not permitted. Additionally, should any large gathering of people other than those noted on our invoice take place (e.g. a party or wedding reception) we must be informed about it at the time of booking. If we can accommodate this, you may be charged an extra cost for cleaning / maid service and a refundable security deposit will apply. We reserve the right to refuse your booking should we not be able to accommodate your request, or if the booking has already been confirmed, cancel the booking in which case our standard cancellation charges shall apply.
19. Our villas are let for holiday purposes only and commercial activities may not be carried out. The Company reserves the right to terminate your booking, without liability, should we find out about any commercial use made of our villas without our permission.
20. The villas are booked for normal holiday use only and pets/animals are not allowed.
21. If, after the Company has dispatched written confirmation of your booking, you wish to alter any of the arrangements made, the Company will do its best to accommodate your wishes and a charge of £40.00 per person per change will be made.
22. Building Works: From time to time, building work and its associated noise is unavoidable. We do not control such work, and we do not receive advance notice of when it will begin. Most minor refurbishments and/or maintenance work being carried out at other properties in the area would not affect your holiday, however, where we are aware of work taking place that may reasonably be considered as significant and likely to seriously impair the enjoyment of your holiday, we will notify you as soon as possible.
23. The owner may have bicycles or a car available onsite. Arrangements must be made directly with Owner after arrival. We take no responsibility whatsoever relating to quality or use and they are used entirely at your own risk.
24. We are pleased to offer a variety of 2 person and under-occupancy discounts. These only apply when the villa is under-occupied for the full duration and not for part duration.